It's like when you're driving down the road and you feel like a car or something is going to hit you from the side. You just don't know when it will happen but you feel like something bad is coming.
Today, I know what was coming.
Daddy passed away peacefully just before 6 pm this evening. We were all with him and we reminded him that we love him as we said our goodbyes. If I were in his shoes, I would want to be surrounded by my loved ones at the last minutes of my life just like he was.
Dad fought a very brave fight against one of the toughest kinds of cancer that exists. He did all of the recommended treatments and tried to beat the odds against this aggressive beast. It's hard to know that with all the treatments and aggravation this summer brought, that he's gone in less than three months.
We've been robbed of many years with Daddy. Worst of all, Eli has been robbed of the gift of more time with Grandad. I haven't told him yet. Every day for the past several weeks, Eli has asked to go to the 'hosipital' to see Grandad. I'm comforted that he's no longer suffering/sick at the hospital but I miss him so much.
Services will be held as follows:
Visitation at St. Gabriel's Catholic Community, McKinney, Texas
7 pm on August 31st
Funeral mass at St. Gabriel's Catholic Community, McKinney, Texas
10 am on September 1st
Online obituary and other info can be found at:
Turrentine Jackson Morrow Funeral Home, McKinney, Texas
www.TJMfuneral.com
One of my favorite songs keeps running through my head tonight:
You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord,
Who abide in His shadow for life,
Say to the Lord, "My Refuge,
My Rock in Whom I trust."
And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.
Tony Geiger's Blog
Dad was diagnosed with anaplastic thyroid cancer on June 4th, 2009. Sadly, he lost the fight on August 28th, 2009. Less than three months and he's gone. Miss you, Daddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Tena, I am sooo sorry!!!!
I love you!
Prayers for you and your family are abundant...
let us know what you need because we are here for you.
We mourn for that which brought us joy.
I know how devastating it is to lose a parent. May your love and happy memories comfort you at this sad time.
Prayers of love are being sent up for you and in his memory.
Love Valerie
Dear Geigers,
We are so sad.
Love,
Joy & George
I am so sorry for your loss, he was loved and that is something everyone should be proud off. My best wishes to you and your family, he is with god.
Big Hugs
Bec
Tena,
Go with God. My thoughts and prayers with your family. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug! I know Eli will be a comfort to you in the time ahead.
Love,
Janet
Tena,
I was so sorry to hear that he was sick and now that he's gone it's a shock. Lee and I will be there Monday evening and Tuesday morning. We will be praying for all of you.
John (and Lee, Emily, and Noah)
I am so sorry for your loss. Your Dad was such a sweet man. Sending your family our prayers from afar.
Much Love
The Dahlins
Tina, Floyd and I are so sorry to hear about your dad; we have been following the blog, and we thank you for the great job you've done in sending us the news of his health. This is such a big loss for your family and for all his friends. I sent your mom a separate e-mail. Our thoughts and prayers are with you (long-distance)--Doris and Floyd Wuensche
Oh, Tena... my heart is breaking for you all right now. I'm so sorry that healing for your dad was in Heaven and not here on Earth, because I know how much you will all miss him. I love you...
Tena,
I am at a loss for words. Life is so unfair. Your father was a great man and I am proud to have known him. May you know God's peace and love during this very difficult time. My prayers are with you. Love you.
Brenda
I don't know how old Eli is but my grandfather, who helped raise me, died when I was 6 (I'm 38 now). To this day, he is my guardian angel. I feel his his presence constantly! He is always here and he is my best friend. Let your son know that! Your Dad will never leave him! <3 Rhonny
Barbara and of Tony's family. I had been remiss in checking Tena's blog until this morning (1 Sept) and am so sorry to read the news. He fought valiantly and I'm sure was aware of your love and support. My prayers continue to be with you. Mary Ellen
Post a Comment