Tony Geiger's Blog

Dad was diagnosed with anaplastic thyroid cancer on June 4th, 2009. Sadly, he lost the fight on August 28th, 2009. Less than three months and he's gone. Miss you, Daddy!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Three Things

1. Information about burial for Daddy taken directly from Mom's email: This Friday, 9/11/09 at 2:30 PM will be a 20 minute service with prayers and an Honor Guard.

This will NOT be at the actual burial plot as he will be interred the next day along with those who also had a graveside service that day.

It will take place at the Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery, 2000 Mountain Creek Parkway, Dallas 75211, pavillion A, B or C (will know later this week which one as there is construction). It is about an hour from McKinney to south Dallas. We aren't expecting a big crowd due to distance and it's on a workday but just wanted to let everyone know the plans.

2. As if this week weren't hard enough, my mom's birthday is on Saturday. I won't tell you how old she is but she isn't as old as Daddy. We're hoping that she'll have a nice day with us all being in town for the weekend and we can continue to lean on each other.

3. Thank you for continuing to support us with calls, cards, emails, food, hugs and offers to keep busy. We appreciate all of you!

This song has been running through my mind for the past week and it's one of the most comforting songs I know:

Yahweh, I know you are near,
standing always at my side.
You guard me from the foe,
and you lead me in ways everlasting.

Where can I run from Your love?
If I climb to the heavens You are there;
If I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea,
still I'd find You there.

You know my heart and its ways,
you who formed me before I was born
in the secret of darkness before I saw the sun
in my mother's womb.

Marvelous to me are Your works;
how profound are Your thoughts, my Lord.
Even if I could count them, they number as the stars,
You would still be there.

Author - Dan Schutte

Blessings!

No comments: